Overweight and Over 50,
Will There Be a Second Chance at Love?

About Me

Hi I'm Margot and I show the ups and downs and quirky side of dating for those over 50. Even if they think there is no Hope, I show them there is...I hope!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Playing Games or Following Rules?

I know it’s been a long time but I’ve been busy and men haven’t been on my mind. Okay, not true, but I just haven’t had the time or energy to pursue a relationship until recently. I thought I’d give the old online dating scene another go around. I don’t know why I do this to myself.

Raising the debt ceiling, spending cuts and defaulting on loans....The recent news has me very worried, very worried indeed about the effect it will have on online dating. No one will be able to afford anything but the free trial version of the dating sites. Then nothing more could be done except winks and smiles and nudges that go nowhere. You have to shell out some big bucks to really get some action with these online dating services. Has anyone done the research to see if online dating picks up in times of crisis. Do we feel extra lonely in troubled times? Is it easier to get noticed during times of war, pestilence and natural disaster. Do men get less picky and more desperate? I’ve been noticed this time around.
One of the first interested parties was looking for someone with no tattoos, no extra piercings and someone who would only date inside her race and culture. I found that last part particularly interesting since he listed himself as, Caucasian/white, Hispanic/Latino and Native American. I wrote back that I did have a tattoo of the Salt Lake Temple on my left shoulder given to me by my Asian boyfriend while in an opium stupor. Funny, he never wrote back. I didn’t even get the chance to tell him it was all untrue. Oh well.

The next interested party must have noticed that I had checked out his profile. He sent a generic greeting card and I commented back a simple something about his photos. Two days later he sends a simple question, “Do you ride motorcycles?” The fact is that I do have a motorcycle license but the interesting thing was that he had been online in the last two days....even checked out my profile once again so why the wait? Is there a two day rule for responding to email that I don’t know about? I wrote back and now I am waiting for two days (tomorrow) to see if he writes back.
My question is do I need to wait two days to respond to him if he is purposely waiting two days to respond to me? Or is he just a player with just too many women to keep track of? Would this be considered playing games or following rules? Does anyone out there have the answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It' always interesting to get a different perspective.