Overweight and Over 50,
Will There Be a Second Chance at Love?

About Me

Hi I'm Margot and I show the ups and downs and quirky side of dating for those over 50. Even if they think there is no Hope, I show them there is...I hope!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Very Special Valentine's Day


As I walked into the kitchen and saw the beautiful coral roses in the blue glass vase sitting on the table my eyes filled up with tears and my thoughts went back many years to my first Valentine's Day without my husband.

As a husband, my children's father was a great gift giver. He knew how to make any occasion special. That first Valentine's Day alone I remember as being dark and dreary as February days can be. I was having a bit of a pity party feeling sorry for myself and I wondered who would ever again bring me flowers and gifts.
Although I went through the motions of the day for my children's sake , I still felt a little empty until a simple act of kindness and thoughtfulness changed my outlook. My oldest son came in later that evening with a bouquet of roses and one for each of his sisters, just like his father used to do. I was so deeply touched and continue to be whenever my children give me flowers.


Bread feeds the body, but flowers feed the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It' always interesting to get a different perspective.